Press Trip Requests
Here’s how Visit Isle of Wight can help with your press trip to the Island
DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT :Media Visit Guidelines – Please read this document before applying for a media trip to the Isle of Wight
DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT : Media request form – Please complete this form if you wish to apply for a media trip to the Isle of Wight
Visit Isle of Wight is delighted to support travel journalists who are able to help us to promote the Island as a premier tourist destination. To most effectively meet your editorial, film and photographic needs, we ask that you read the following guidelines and then complete the registration form.
- Wherever possible, please contact us at least four weeks before your trip
- Media looking for assistance must fully complete and submit the media request form.
- Journalists should be prepared to submit a letter of assignment on the publication’s letterhead from their editor indicating intent to publish their feature or article along with a recent copy of the publication they are writing for.
- Freelance writers need to provide two recently published travel related clippings from an audited outlet, published within the last calendar year, for the request to be considered.
- While we welcome the opportunity to work with television and film productions, Visit Isle of Wight cannot arrange necessary work visas or filming permits. Film crews must also have public liability insurance to be able to film in many locations on the Island.
In return for our assistance on press visits www.visitisleofwight.co.uk must be mentioned.
Assistance Visit Isle of Wight may provide:
- Itinerary suggestions, including accommodation, attractions and ferry travel to the Island.
- Interview opportunities
- Event calendar and statistics
- Images and footage of the Isle of Wight
Visit Isle of Wight can liaise with hotels to try to secure a media rate for travel journalists depending on the publication/s. Offers of complimentary accommodation are usually at the discretion of our partner hotels.
If you are a blogger or vlogger, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org direct with a brief outline of your proposed article.