Wight In Bloom
Wight In Bloom is back!
If you’ve never entered a gardening competition before, the thought of it can feel quite intimidating, but Wight in Bloom is free and easy to enter, and great fun too. You don’t have to own a stately home, a 100 acre wood or even a garden! There are 11 different categories, and one of them is bound to be right for you.
The backbone of Wight in Bloom is the amateur gardener who showcases their work in small front gardens, window boxes and hanging baskets, or enters the competition to have their vegetable plots or water features judged. There’s even a category for younger people, as well as the more established community display categories.
Pick up an entry form or fill out an entry form online! The deadline to enter is 5pm June 10th 2019
The judges scores will be divided equally between the following 5 criteria:
- SUSTAINABILITY (NEW FOR 2019) – composting, wildlife friendly, recycling and use of natural resources are just some of the elements that our judges will be looking out for.
- OVERALL IMPRESSION – initial impact of the garden
- DESIGN/LAYOUT – use of plants/features/range of plants etc
- HORTICULTURAL PRACTICE – cultivation & maintenance/quality of plants/layout etc
- INNOVATION – creative design, use of form and colour, use of features/furniture/infrastructure etc