Make your event legal

Your event can be shut down immediately if it is not legal – and you could incur even further costs or go to court if you don’t make sure you are covered.

Here’s some food (and drink) for thought:

Licensing for alcohol and entertainment

  • For an event up to 4,999 people – a Temporary Events Notice is required. Find out more from the Isle of Wight Council by emailing


  • Public Liability Insurance – protection against claims
  • Event cancellation insurance – for whatever reason, sometimes it just doesn’t happen on the day. Don’t lose out on more than you have to!
  • Employers liability insurance – if you have any staff, this is a legal requirement
  • Equipment insurance – if it your own equipment or equipment you have hired, make sure it is covered.

NFU Mutual on the Isle of Wight is an official partner of Visit Isle of Wight. Get in touch with them for further information around insurance. Call 01983 897605 or email