Make your event legal
Your event can be shut down immediately if it is not legal – and you could incur even further costs or go to court if you don’t make sure you are covered.
Here’s some food (and drink) for thought:
Licensing for alcohol and entertainment –
- Is your event Covid secure? Isle of Wight Council have published new guidelines for events involving more than 30 people: https://www.iow.gov.uk/Business/Licensing/Licencing-Major-Events/Events-Covid-Secure
- Check that you have the correct licence, or indeed if one is required! Find out more from the Isle of Wight Council here: https://www.iow.gov.uk/Business/Licensing/Licensing-Act-2003/Faqs
- If you are looking at the sale of alcohol at your event, take a look at the information from Isle of Wight council here: https://www.iow.gov.uk/azservices/documents/1941-LA03-Guidance-Updated-Dec-2013.pdf
- For an event up to 499 people – find out more from the Isle of Wight Council here: https://www.iow.gov.uk/Business/Licensing/Licensing-Act-2003/Premises/
- For an event up to 4,999 people – a Temporary Events Notice is required. Find out more from the Isle of Wight Council here: https://www.iow.gov.uk/Business/Licensing/Licensing-Act-2003/Temporary-Events-Notices
- For an event of 5000 or more people – the Isle of Wight Act will be enforced. There is a FOUR month application period and there are much larger financial implications included, such as extra policing, medical facilities and an on site hospital with assistance required from mainland NHS trusts. Find out more from the Isle of Wight Council here: https://www.iow.gov.uk/Business/Licensing/Licensing-Act-2003/Large-Scale-Events
- Public Liability Insurance – protection against claims
- Event cancellation insurance – for whatever reason, sometimes it just doesn’t happen on the day. Don’t lose out on more than you have to!
- Employers liability insurance – if you have any staff, this is a legal requirement
- Equipment insurance – if it your own equipment or equipment you have hired, make sure it is covered.
NFU Mutual on the Isle of Wight is an official partner of Visit Isle of Wight. Get in touch with them for further information around insurance. Call 01983 897605 or email email@example.com