We want to know about YOUR Tourism Superstar for 2023!
Have you got a Tourism Superstar on your team? Or perhaps you can think of people who work at other businesses that you think have gone above and beyond for tourism on the Isle of Wight?
Visit England, working again with The Mirror newspaper, are on the look out for Tourism Superstars – and of course, when it comes to the Isle of Wight, we have form – in the shape of ultimate winners Jim O’Reilly in 2018 and Lorry Middleton in 2020!
Getting through to the finals brings not only huge national recognition for the Island, but also for your business too!
Visit Isle of Wight is the nominating body for the Isle of Wight, so please let us know who your Tourism Superstar is – email: email@example.com
This year, the competition will also recognise the amazing efforts made by teams across the industry in the face of the pandemic, so if you think you’re team is a winner, lets us know about them too! (please note entries can be of teams that number no more than 10)
The competition is open now and closes 02 December – so now is the time to get thinking of someone who you think has gone above and beyond for tourism on the Isle of Wight!
To qualify for the Tourism Superstar 2023 competition the nominees must:
- Work for a tourism business or organisation in England and continue to work for that organisation at the time of English Tourism Week.
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about the destination they work in and happy to talk about the destination outside of their work remit.
- Go above and beyond the call of duty to make the visitor experience memorable.
- Be available and willing to travel to London or be on site at their workplace from 19 December 2022 – 20 January 2023 to be filmed and happy for that film to be posted on the Mirror website for a number of weeks and used on VisitEngland’s social media channels as well as those of their DMO and employer.
- Be available to attend the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2023 ceremony in June 2023 – exact date and venue TBC.
- Be aware that they have been nominated and happy to participate in any related PR and media opportunities during or post the announcement of the winner.
- The 10 finalists will be required to fill in and sign a waiver form to allow VisitEngland rights to the films created.