Escape the Everyday Responsibly – a Visit Britain toolkit
Escape the Everyday Responsibly
As tourism begins to open up across England in line with Step 2 of the Government roadmap , Visit Britain are encouraging responsible travel that makes a positive impact on local communities and invite you to join them in communicating an “Escape the Everyday Responsibly” message.
Visit Britain wish to land the following key messages for responsible travel:
- Plan and book ahead. If your plans change, remember to cancel in good time so your table or room doesn’t go to waste.
- Respect, protect and enjoy nature and the great outdoors.
- Avoid tourist hotspots and check out England’s hidden gems instead.
- Be kind to staff and locals, and support local independent businesses where you can.
- Follow social distancing rules, wash your hands regularly and wear face coverings where necessary.
- Look out for the We’re Good to Go mark – it shows businesses that are operating in line with government COVID guidance.
From 19 April, Visit Britain will be sharing this messaging across their channels and there are a number of ways you can get involved which include:
- Downloading the ‘Escape the Everyday… responsibly’ lock up (ZIP, 6.75MB) and applying to your creative
- Downloading 6x ‘Escape the Everyday… responsibly’ infographics (ZIP, 3.06MB) and sharing on your social channels
- Downloading an A4 ‘Escape the Everyday… responsibly’ infographic with all messages included and including on your website. There are two options provided, one with the VisitEngland logo and website (PDF, 995MB) at the bottom of the page, and one with an option for you to include your own website url and logo (PDF, 990MB).
- Integrating the 6x key messages outlined in your content and on your channels.
Find out more below about the Visit Britain Escape The Everyday domestic consumer campaign to inspire people to book a short trip in the UK, which kicks in when a lockdown is underway and people are unable to travel.
You can also access the ‘Know Before You Go’ toolkit and download the branding to use on your creative if you require a more immediate and direct message.
Escape the Everyday
Spanning print, broadcast, partnerships and digital activitiies, the Escape the Everyday campaign reassures consumers and builds their confidence to book travel across the nations and regions by tapping into their pent-up desire to escape and for freedom following months of lockdown.