Novel Coronavirus – COVID 19 – advice hub
This page is a source of information with links to the various official websites that offer help and advice. We have included information that we believe is relevant to you as an Isle of Wight business and resident. This page will be updated as new information is received.
To see what we are saying to our visitors, please go to our consumer website page – https://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/travel/coronavirus-information
New Test and Trace app (August 2020) – how to use the QR code facility for your business!
Isle of Wight Council Covid-19 prevention and outbreak management videos
The Isle of Wight Council have produced these two videos for use by businesses and event organisers:
Information for your guests in case of suspected coronavirus symptoms (updated 27 August 2020)
Early Outbreak Management – Download and display these helpful action cards for your business and for your guests: https://coronavirusresources.phe.gov.uk/reporting-an-outbreak/resources/small-and-large-gatherings-workplace-action-cards/
July 4 reopening:
- VIOW/IW Council information sessions for tourism and hospitality sectors: https://visitwightpro.com/2020/06/26/visit-isle-of-wight-isle-of-wight-council-industry-information-sessions/
- Online material featuring Covid awareness/Test and Trace posters: https://visitwightpro.com/2020/07/03/coronavirus-warning-material-for-your-website-and-social-media-feeds/
- For all business – with links to further information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
- Covid secure businesses on the Isle of Wight: https://www.iow.gov.uk/Residents/Care-Support-and-Housing/Community-Health-and-Wellbeing/Public-Health-Coronavirus-COVID-19-Recovery/Covid-secure-Businesses
- Working safely: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/the-visitor-economy
- Accommodation providers https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/hotels-and-other-guest-accommodation
- Bars, restaurants and cafes: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery
We’re Good To Go – Visit England scheme
Visit Isle of Wight strongly urges all tourism and hospitality businesses to sign up to this scheme.
If you are successful, please display your ‘badge’ on your website, your social media – and please let Visit isle of Wight know, so we may update your page on the consumer website VisitIsleOfWight.co.uk – email firstname.lastname@example.org with your news!
- Common questions about Coronavirus from the NHS
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): latest information and advice from the British Government.
- 111 online Coronavirus service from the NHS
Isle of Wight travel:
From June 15, all cross Solent and public transport providers on the Isle of Wight will require passengers to wear face masks when using their services.
- Hovertravel or 01983 717700
- Hovertravel Coronavirus page
- Red Funnel general information or 02380 248500
- Red Funnel Coronavirus page and Red Funnel Sail Safe page, demonstrating new measures for safe travel.
- Wightlink or 0333 999 7333
- Wightlink Coronavirus page
Advice for Business and Employers
Advice for businesses and employers from the UK Government
Visit Britain information and the latest advice for business – plus specific advice on how to communicate with your customers
Isle of Wight Council advice and support for small business including Government Grant Funding
- Support for businesses through the discretionary payment scheme
- Support for businesses paying sick pay to employees
- Support for businesses paying business rates
- Support for businesses paying little or no business rates
- Support for businesses through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Support for larger firms through the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- Support for businesses paying tax: Time to Pay service
- Support for businesses on Insurance
- The Department for Transport guidance for staff in the transport sector much of which seems transferable to the tourism sector.
- The World Health Organisation interim guidance for organisers of mass-gatherings
- UK Government cleaning advice: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings
- Health and Safety Executive – working safely advice: https://www.hse.gov.uk/news/coronavirus.htm
Professional Association of Self Caterers UK – Guidelines for Cleaning
Organisations representing professional tourist guides have issued Covid-19 Guidance for Tour Guiding, to ensure guides can work safely and members of the public can book and go on tours with confidence.
Maximise the power of your social media
Visit Isle of Wight Marketing Manager Emma Harris has provided useful tips for your business to maximise the power of your social media to allow visitors a chance to interact with you even if they can’t be there in person!
Maintain good mental health
We understand that now is a difficult time. Local mental health first aider Fiona Jeffrey from Brightbulb Design has come up with this helpful guide:
Download your Rights of Way poster in your land has access near public footpaths https://visitwightpro.com/2020/04/09/covid-19-landowners-poster/
Here’s a handy guide to washing your hands, should you wish to print and display it for your guests.
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE THE IMAGE BELOW