Job Advert: Travel Media, Press & PR Manager
Visit Isle of Wight is the Island’s Destination Management Organisation, responsible for delivery of the Wight BID (Business Improvement District) and for delivering tourism marketing & management for the UK’s holiday Island, the Isle of Wight.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be the operational lead for travel media, public relations and industry communications.
· To be the operational travel media, public relations and industry communications guardian of Visit Isle of Wight in conjunction with the Managing Director.
· To proactively and reactively promote all elements of Isle of Wight tourism products in line with agreed marketing strategy and objectives through all relevant travel media and social media influencers.
· To proactively promote the delivery outcomes of Visit Isle of Wight, both locally and regionally regarding the Wight BID.
· To create, update and implement the Visit Isle of Wight travel media and communications strategy in line with the objectives and marketing strategies of the organisation.
· Report to the Managing Director regularly on the performance of all travel media, public relations and industry communication activities and its ROI/AVE.
· Day to day operational management of the travel media, public relations and industry communications budget lines of Visit Isle of Wight, in conjunction with the Managing Director.
· To be the main point of contact for all local, regional, national and international media, including freelancers and contractors.
· To be responsible for the workload and performance of part-time Press Officer.
This full-time position is offered as a fixed term contract until 31st August 2021
Please email your letter of application, attaching your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job applications close on 31st January 2020
Interviews for short-listed candidates are planned for w/c 17th February 2020