Red Funnel highlights the Island this autumn
Events for everyone on the Isle of Wight this October
27 September 2018 – Red Funnel Ferries, the Isle of Wight specialist, is encouraging visitors to embrace autumn and head over to the Island for a feast of events this October.
There’s no shortage of exciting things going on throughout October which will appeal to all tastes and age groups culminating in a wide range of fun events for families during the October half-term holiday.
Red Funnel has day-trips available for a car+7 people for just £46 return and short-breaks from £69.50 return so there has never been a better time to take a short cruise across the Solent and enjoy what the Isle of Wight has to offer.
Events during the month include:
- Festival of Light inspired by Diwali at Robin Hill – a electric woods themed light, colour and sound spectacular (evening between 29 Sep to 19 Oct and 29 October to 3 November and all day between 20 Oct and 28 Oct (half term) the event is open all day)
- The Red Funnel Isle of Wight Literary Festival – now in its 7th year, the festival takes place over over 4 days and features a programme of over 60 speakers at Northwood House in Cowes between 11-14 October. The rich and diverse line-up of speakers includes novelists, historians, correspondents, political figures and media presenters,
- The Isle of Wight Classic Buses, Beer & Walks Weekend, 13-14 October, is a fantastic classic bus pub tour around the Island with a few brisk walks added-in for good measure,
- Island Con, the Island’s very own Comic Con is back from 20-21 October 2018 at a new home in West Cowes with its celebration of pop culture with celebrities, comic books, films, TV, art, gaming, cosplay, kid’s attractions and general entertainment,
- Harp on Wight, the Isle of Wight’s very own harp festival returns between 26-30 October 2018 with concerts, lectures and teaching courses,
- Junior Track Day at Wight Karting on 23, 24 & 30 October, with adrenaline fueled kart racing around a 520m all weather circuit,
- For Halloween, kids and their parents will love Spooky Castle at Carisbrooke Castle from 20 – 28 October 2018, Wizard Week with the Isle of Wight Steam Railway from the 22 – 26 October, a Jack Sparrow pirate ships at The Needles Old Battery at Alum Bay on 24 and 25 October, and new for 2018, Wicked Nights – a brand new horror event taking place at Blackgang Chine from 20 October to 3 November.
Day trip package deals and special offers on combination tickets are available, with all the details available on the Red Funnel website at www.redfunnel.co.uk/events
Jonathan Green Red Funnel’s Marketing & Communications Director says, “The Isle of Wight is brimming with things to do and places to visit this October. With the leaves turning colour and brisk walks along glorious coastline on offer, autumn is a superb time to visit with family and friends. With events ranging from the Red Funnel sponsored Isle of Wight Literature Festival to Island Con, there’s plenty of reasons to visit including some great travel deals which are available now between Southampton and the Island.”
For more information and to book please visit www.redfunnel.co.uk