Job Vacancy: Financial Controller
(Part – time position, minimum 21 hours per week)
Based in Newport, Visit Isle of Wight is the official tourist board for the Island. We are looking for an experienced and energetic Financial Controller to take ownership of the financial control and management reporting across the business. You’ll use your knowledge and expertise to look for ways to improve processes and increase efficiency. This position is a part-time role and agreement on hours and days of work is flexible.
- Be qualified to ACA / ACCA or CIMA part or fully qualified to level 2
- Have previous experience in budget preparation and budgetary control
- Previous experience of purchase/sales ledger, VAT Returns, drafting management accounts
- Previous experience and skills in financial forecasting / modelling
- Have previous experience of delivery of company payroll
- Have previous experience in preparation of annual financial audit
- Previous experience of cash control including bank reconciliations, petty cash and payment of staff expenses
- Have an eye for detail and be very organised
- Be confident and comfortable in public facing interactions
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Financial IT packages (Sage or Xero advantageous)
- Be able to work well under pressure, remaining calm, positive and clear thinking
- Be innovative, creative and flexible
Suitable applicants should forward their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12 Midday on 27th July 2018.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place on 3rd August 2018.