Job Vacancy: Visitor Travel Projects Manager
Visitor Travel Projects Manager
(Full time Fixed term Contract until 31st March 2019 – possible extension available subject to funding)
Salary is £25,000 pa (pro-rata) with potential £5,000 annual pro-rata performance bonus
Based in Newport, Visit Isle of Wight is the official tourist board for the Island. We are looking for an experienced and energetic Visitor Travel Projects Manager to join our busy team. The role will focus on the management and delivery of the visitor travel projects as set out in the Isle of Wight Access Fund for Sustainable Travel Programme, inspiring visitors to the Isle of Wight to explore the Island by sustainable transport (on foot, bike, tourist & scheduled buses or train). Acting as a travel behaviour change champion, ensuring that the Isle of Wight continues to be recognised as an exemplary ‘car-free’ destination. Although this position is primarily a Monday – Friday, 9am till 5pm, flexibility is needed as evening and weekend work including off-island work will be required.
- Previous experience within a marketing and / or communications role with the ability to manage complex projects and contractors.
- Have a passion for championing and developing sustainable travel on the island for visitors
- Previous experience creating and managing budgets and reporting on the position
- Previous experience creating and delivering project outcome and update reports
- Previous experience managing others
- Have an eye for detail and be very organised
- Have a creative approach to any work undertaken
- Be confident and comfortable in public facing interactions
- IT literate
- Background in tourism marketing
- Be able to work well under pressure, remaining calm, positive and clear thinking
- Be innovative, creative and flexible
Suitable applicants should forward their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 Midday on 15th June 2018.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place on 25th June 2018 from 1pm.