The Last Wight Proms line up announced – PR from Wight Proms
We’re delighted to announce the headline performer line-up for our outdoor-picnic concert ‘Last Wight of the Proms’ as part of ‘The Wight Proms’ on Sunday 19th August at Northwood House, Cowes:
- The Classical Brit Award-winning vocal group, who have just released their 10th anniversary album in collaboration with the RAF to celebrate their 100th anniversary, which is currently No.1 in the Classical Charts!
- Website: http://www.blakeofficial.com Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheBandBlake Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thebandblake
- The Downton Abbey Songstress, who is currently G4’s Guest Soprano on their 40-date UK tour, having toured with Russell Watson and performed with the likes of Sir Tim Rice and Don Black. She has won the Chinese ‘X Factor’ with a viewing audience of over 70 million people, has performed at the FA Cup Final in Wembley Stadium to a worldwide television audience of 300 million people, and she releases a new EP album ‘Inspire’ on 20th April
- Website: http://www.mary-jess.com Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/maryjessmusic Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MaryJessMusic
- ISLE OF WIGHT PROMENADE ORCHESTRA
◦ A 50-piece live orchestra created especially for The Wight Proms, with players from the IOW and beyond, and conducted by the Isle of Wight Symphony Orchestra’s Jonathan Butcher
The ‘Last Wight of the Proms’ will also see performances from our supporting acts from across the island, who will perform between gates opening and the main concert starting, to be announced shortly. We will also soon be announcing the headline performer line-up for our outdoor-picnic concert ‘Wight at the Musicals’ which takes place on Saturday 18th August, all as part of ‘The Wight Proms’ 2018.
What is the ‘Last Wight of the Proms’?
The festival will reach its climax in a rousing celebration of British music and flag-waving, including Pomp & Circumstance, Jerusalem and many more, on Sunday 19th August and will star Blake, Mary-Jess and the Isle of Wight Promenade Orchestra
What is ‘The Wight Proms’?
- The brand-new annual festival of open-air picnic concerts at Northwood House, Cowes celebrating the Isle of Wight’s music, food and people, featuring red squirrels, free arts workshops and the inaugural ‘Proms Art & Sculpture Exhibition’
- There has never been a music festival like this on the IOW, catering to lovers of both classical music and musical theatre
- The 4-day festival will take place on 16-19 August in the grounds of Northwood House, Cowes as well as inside the grade II* listed Georgian manor house
- Picnic hampers containing delicious IOW produce will be available to pre-order when purchasing tickets
Tickets now on sale, with ‘Early Bird’ discount tickets still available: http://www.wightproms.co.uk/tickets or 01983 213622
- Press, Radio & TV: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press Images: http://www.dropbox.com/sh/kip374nq2zos60e/AABtmuh3KP6nAcjrvP9AF8rOa?dl=0
** END OF PRESS RELEASE **