UK Travel sector predictions? Here’s just a few…
Travel Weekly – one of the most influential B2B news resources for the travel industry – started their new year with a look to predictions for the UK travel sector in 2018.
Graham Donoghue, chief executive of Sykes Holiday Cottages, gives his predictions for the UK travel sector in 2018, including a growth in glamping and experience-craving consumers.
In it, he looks at some of the trends that he sees have steadily been growing and some of the factors that have boosted those trends – including poor exchange rates, increased UK popularity and shorter, but more frequent breaks.
Graham – speaking to Travel Weekly’s George Clode – gave his top 5 predictions for the UK travel sector.
- the importance of offering accommodation to four legged visitors who accompany their more upright owners
- growth in unusual accommodation (glamping, yurts, houseboats – we’re looking at you)
- luxury breaks – not just a spa weekend, but bringing that touch of glamour to your accommodation for the whole family
- experience and skill based holidays add another dimension to a get away, breaking from the traditional beach, bucket and spade get away (camping in the tree tops anyone?)
- more and more, a holiday is booked by women, taking control of the spend – and often the location