English Tourism Week 2018!
We all know that shouting about what we do best gets the attention of people – and English Tourism Week 2018 is a chance to do just that!
By organising your own event under the English Tourism Week banner you will be raising the profile of your business and be adding to the combined efforts of the week to raise awareness with local residents, their visitors and key decision makers.
Get involved and inspire local residents to discover the destinations right here on their doorstep.
To get your business going for English Tourism Week 2018, just follow these four simple steps:
- Start planning your activities for the week. This can include special offers, discounts, fun events and promotions for visitors, local residents, stakeholders and more.
- Download the free toolkit of logos and posters to help you brand your events to your local visitors and stakeholders.
- Register your events and offers on the dedicated events platform when live (date tbc), for a chance of promotion across VisitEngland’s consumer website and social channels, as well as to media, trade, MPs and industry.
- Use the hashtag #ETW18 on social media to encourage your visitors, customers and even local residents to come to your events and share their photos and experiences on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and more.
What kind of things can you do to get visitors to you business? Here’s a range of activities you might want to think about – or maybe you have some ideas of your own!
- Contact classic car clubs and set up a rally of classic English car makes
- Ask a local photographer to do a masterclass using a local tourism attraction as the subject
- Hold a treasure hunt linking local tourism businesses/ attractions
- Set up free guided walks for locals to get to know what’s on their doorstep