TOURISM SUPERSTAR – NOMINATION TIME!!
English Tourism Week 2015 runs from 5 – 13th March 2016 and VisitEngland will be running Tourism Superstar as one of their key campaigns, again working in partnership with The Daily Mirror and Mirror Online.
Please join Visit Isle of Wight in supporting English Tourism Week by sending us your nomination for a Tourism Superstar on the Island. The deadline for submissions is 11th November 2015.
Last year, VE ran the fourth Tourism Superstar campaign as part of English Tourism Week and received some excellent nominations for people working in the tourism industry who were passionate about their destination, and who all went above and beyond the call of duty to make every visitor’s experience extra special.
The competition received a record number of over 21,400 votes on Mirror Online and generated over 100 pieces of press coverage including some great exposure on broadcast, print, online and social media channels.
Essentially Tourism Superstar provides a free national campaign which highlights careers in tourism and the quality of the English tourism product. Winners have undoubtedly benefited from PR support from the destination and organisation where they work. Not surprisingly social media has been key to the winners’ success.
Visit England are asking for nominations to be people working in any part of the visitor economy, who are able to represent their destination. So, if they work for a hotel or a visitor attraction that’s fine, but they must be able to knowledgeable and passionate about the destination where their place of work is located. The criteria below should help you with your nomination; however they must essentially be someone who is welcoming, friendly and passionate about their work in the tourism industry who has demonstrated a commitment to making every visitor’s trip extra special.
The person nominated must be willing to participate in the PR campaign, and be available to travel to London during December to be filmed for the public vote, and attend the VisitEngland Annual Awards for Excellence to receive their award during English Tourism Week (see more on that below).
To qualify the Tourism Superstar 2016 must:
– Work for a tourism business or organisation in England and continue to work for that organisation by the time of English Tourism Week.
– Be knowledgeable and passionate about the destination they work in and happy to talk about the destination outside of their work remit
– Go above and beyond the call of duty to make a holiday experience to remember for visitors
– Be available and willing to travel to London during early January to be filmed and happy for that film to be posted on the Mirror website for a number of weeks
– Be available to attend the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence week commencing 7 March 2015 during English Tourism Week to accept their award.
– Be aware that they have been nominated and happy to participate in any related PR and media opportunities during or post the announcement of the winner
Please send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11th November 2015.
VE will announce a short-list of 10 in early December with more details on the filming. We will of course let you know if you if your nomination is included.
More information on Tourism Superstar 2016 and how it will work:
– The ten shortlisted candidates will be filmed in London in the beginning of December. Their mini films (30 seconds only) will be posted on www.mirror.co.uk in January 2016 which will open the public vote. They will essentially have 30 seconds to say why they should be the Tourism Superstar 2016 (refreshments will be provided, travel will not be covered). I will confirm the date as soon as possible.
– The Mirror will publicise the online voting mechanism online and through the paper throughout the campaign and via Twitter
– Readers will vote on which Tourism Superstar they think should win
– The most successful candidates in the past have been supported by robust destination led media and social media campaigns throughout the voting process.
– VisitEngland will promote the campaign throughout via its various channels
– The winner will be invited to attend VisitEngland Awards for Excellence to receive their reward
Please support English Tourism Week and the Island by nominating your Tourism Superstar! We look forward to receiving your nominations.