TRAVEL AMBASSADOR UPDATE – 23 SEPTEMBER 2015
The Travel Ambassadors (TA’s) that are based in the Visitor Information Centre have been busy in the last few weeks, please see what they have got up too below:
- Themed Weeks – The TA’s have themed weeks to inform visitors of different aspects of the Island. Please see more information about the themed weeks below:
- Catch the Bus Week: During Catch the Bus Week 2015 (CTBW), the TA’s have been located at Ryde and Yarmouth bus terminals to engage with visitors to the island and encourage them to use the bus as their main mode of transport whilst they are here. TA’s have also been engaging with visitors on board the Breezer bus services. In particular, TA’s have been promoting the Breezer and Coaster buses as these our most relevant to visitors to the island. They believe that they have been successful in both increasing awareness of the services and increasing passenger numbers.The TA’s have built up a good relationship with the Southern Vectis drivers and staff and have enjoyed working alongside them to promote CTBW.The TA’s have utilized social media platforms to promote CTBW, tweeting and posting on Facebook our whereabouts and inspirational pictures and messages from on board buses and at terminals. We have had an excellent response to our social media activities over the course of the week.
- Drive Less Float More Week – During ‘Drive Less Float More’ week, the TA’s have been promoting ‘on the water’ activities to visitors to the Isle of Wight. This week in particular was chosen as it coincided with Cowes Week, a popular event which attracts many visitors.The TA’s have been located in Cowes, mainly around the Red Jet passenger ferry terminal engaging with visitors and promotion water activities. In the weeks previous to Drive Less Float More week the TA’s made visits to several water based activity centers in order to familiarize themselves with the types of activity on offer, prices and how to get there etc.The TA’s also used social media to publicize activities using the #Drivelessfloatmore; #DLFM; #CowesWeek2015 tags.
The TA’s will be doing Rail Week from the 5th October, therefore if you are located near a railway station please email the TA’s at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01983 521555 (option 1). They can come and visit you and help promote your business.
- Leaflets/Products & Tickets – The Visitor Information Centre in Newport stocks a range of Isle of Wight products and tickets for events on the island. We are always looking to update our range and would love to hear from anybody who has products we could stock. The information centre has a high visitor footfall and items with Isle of Wight connections are particularly popular. Additionally, we operate as a ticket agent for several events on and off the island and are looking to grow our event ticketing. If you are interested in having your products or event tickets stocked in the Isle of Wight’s main visitor centre please contact Zoe Stroud on 01983 521555 Ext 31.
- Events & Special Offers – If you have an event or an offer that links to sustainable travel please email the TA’s who will be able to help promote this across the Island.
- Taste of the Wight Taster Days – The TA’s run a ‘Taste of the Wight’ taster day on Tuesdays where there is a selection of Isle of Wight produce on display for customers to try.