LATEST NEWS FROM THE PRESS OFFICE – 28 JANUARY 2015
Latest news from the press office…..
- Visit Isle of Wight has been represented at press and trade days at the annual HolidayWorld exhibition in Dublin and The Vakantiebeurs, in Utrecht. The primary aim of attending these shows is to keep in touch with as many travel journalists as possible, both long-term contacts as well as making some new contacts at the same time. The good news is that Britain remains one of the most popular destinations of all for Irish holiday makers – especially for short breaks – and VisitEngland have opened an office in Dublin to focus on leisure and business tourism. The number of Dutch taking holidays and short breaks in the UK is still growing and interest in the UK as a whole amongst the Dutch travel writers continues to be strong.
- Several travel writers will be winging their way to the Island in the coming months, Island including a journalist who has been commissioned by Women’s Weekly (reach over 600,000 people each week) to compile a travel article including ‘best coastal caravan parks’ with great facilities for families, a travel blogger who is visiting during Acoustic Isle and a German journalist sponsored by VE Berlin, who is visiting early May. This will be a general travel piece for half a dozen circulating regional newspapers in Germany: Freies Wort (Suhl), Frankenpost (Hof), Neue Presse (Coburg), Südthüringer Zeitung (Bad Salzungen), Meininger Tageblatt (Meiningen), Vogtland-Anzeiger.
The journalist and her husband will be on the Island around May 2nd and we are looking for a very nice hotel or B&B to accommodate them. The best way to have any real impact on a travel writer’s decision to write about your hotel (attraction, restaurant, pub) is to have them experience a stay themselves and if this is of interest to you, please e-mail email@example.com
- Some of the (known) coverage we have secured in the past week:
– A full page in the Archant “Life” series of magazines as part of their Great British Breaks feature – please click here to view coverage.
– Acoustic Isle listed as one of the ‘5 Essential Events’ feature in Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome magazines – please click here to view article.
– Please click here to view a link to a ‘release” about quirky food festivals and which features the Garlic Festival, which VB pushed out through their social media channels and to other media.
Mothering Sunday – 15th March 2015
We are looking for the best Mother’s Day deals, offers and gift ideas, from indulgent beauty and pampering packages and garden tours followed by afternoon tea to Mother’s Day lunch menus and B&B stays. Please forward details, including the title of the offer, a full description, the price and a website for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org