LATEST NEWS FROM THE PRESS OFFICE – 25 NOVEMBER 2014
We continue to represent the Island at a host of media events, most recently World Travel Market which was staged at ExCel in London, between November 3rd and 6th. The good news is that interest in domestic holidays appears to be as high as ever and the Island continues to hold the attention of the media, in particular walking, cycling and the great outdoors, plus the music heritage of the Island and the Julia Margaret bicentenary in 2015.
Changes to the media industry are continuing at a pace and it’s becoming increasingly important to keep adding to our flow of news stories that are sent worldwide to our full database of travel media and to all VisitBritain and VisitEngland contacts. We would therefore be grateful if you could complete and return our “Publicity Form”, which will help us with our media enquiries, calls-for-content and prepare for new trends. Please click here to complete this “Publicity Form” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the past couple of weeks, we have also secured coverage for the Isle of Wight as follows:
- Double-page spread in Dagblad Norden. Please click here to view this article. This follows a visit we organised for the journalist, Theo Zandstra, in August 2013. This daily paper has several editions across the north of Holland. It has a combined circulation of 427,000. Further details at: http://www.dvhn.nl/
- Coast magazine: Ten things to do this month (No. 9, “Ride with Elves”). Click here to view this article.
- Competition in The Portsmouth News – click here to view this competition.
- Luxury magazine House of Coco: Your Ultimate Guide to the Best Festive Breaks this Winter (scroll down to the image of the Pepper Pot) – click here to view this and scroll down to image of the Pepper Pot.
- Isle of Wight County Press – click here to view coverage.
- Isle of Wight Radio – click here to view more coverage.
- On The Wight – click here to view.