Tourism Superstar Campaign
English Tourism Week 2015 runs from 14-22 March next year and VisitEngland are once again running Tourism Superstar as one of their key campaigns, working in partnership with The Daily Mirror and Mirror Online.
Last year, the competition received over 15,000 votes on Mirror Online and generated close to 100 pieces of press coverage including some great exposure on broadcast, print, online and social media channels. Essentially Tourism Superstar provides a free national campaign which highlights careers in tourism and the quality of the English tourism product. Winners have undoubtedly benefited from PR support from the destination and organisation where they work. Not surprisingly social media has been key to the winners’ success.
With your support we would like to submit nominations for people working in any part of the Island’s tourism visitor economy, who are passionate about their destination, and who all went above and beyond the call of duty to make every visitor’s experience extra special. So, if they work for a hotel or a visitor attractions that’s fine, but they must be able to knowledgeable and passionate about the Island.
The criteria below should help you with your nomination, however they must essentially be someone who is welcoming, friendly and passionate about their work in the tourism industry and who has demonstrated a commitment to making every visitor’s trip extra special.
The person nominated must be willing to participate, be able to travel to London during January to be filmed for the public vote (see more on that below).
To qualify the Tourism Superstar 2015 must:
– Work for a tourism business or organisation on the Isle of Wight
– Must represent the Island – be knowledgeable and passionate about the Island and happy to talk about the destination outside of their work remit
– Go above and beyond the call of duty to make a holiday experience to remember for visitors
– Be available and willing to travel to London during early January to be filmed and happy for that film to be on the Mirror website for a number of weeks
– Be aware that they have been nominated and happy to participate in any related PR and media opportunities during or post the announcement of the winner
– Available to attend the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence May 11 2015
VisitEngland will produce a short-list of 10 (nationwide) which will be announced in early December with more details on the filming. We will of course let you know If your nomination is included.
More information on Tourism Superstar 2015 and how it will work:
– The ten shortlisted candidates will be filmed in London at the beginning of January. Their mini films (30 seconds only) will be posted on www.mirror.co.uk which will open the public vote. They will essentially have 30 seconds to say why they should be the Tourism Superstar 2015 (refreshments will be provide, travel will not be covered). The date will be confirmed as soon as possible.
– The Mirror will publicise the online voting mechanism through the paper throughout the campaign and via Twitter
– Readers will vote on which Tourism Superstar they think should win
– VisitEngland will promote the campaign throughout via its various channels
– The winner will be invited to attend VisitEngland Awards for Excellence to receive their reward
I hope that you will join us in supporting English Tourism Week and promoting the Island by sending us your nomination for a Tourism Superstar. The deadline for submissions is Friday 21st November – please e-mail your nominations with 200 words as to why this person should win Tourism Superstar 2014 to email@example.com If there are several worthy nominations, a final decision shall lie with Visit Isle of Wight.