LATEST NEWS FROM THE PRESS OFFICE – 15 OCTOBER 2014
This week in the Press Office we have received some great coverage in both printed and digital media as a result of our efforts:
– The Island was featured across seven pages in the November/December issue of the stunning ‘Landscape’ magazine amassing a total coverage value of £45,300. This excellent feature, entitled “A Beach Walk Through History” follows a 6-mile stretch of the Coastal Path from Compton Bay to Brighstone paying particular attention to the Island’s geological history and wildlife. Please click here to view this feature.
– A recent article written by well-respected journalist, Gillian Thornton, has been featured on ‘Silver Travel Advisor’ website which receives an average of 45,000 visits per month.
– Travel journalist, Daniel Scott, is currently on the Island collecting information for a travel feature. Dan is an Australian journalist and is writing for ‘Escape’ which has a readership of 5 million.
– Brighton Argus journalist, Caroline Sutton, has visited the Island and is writing a family holiday feature on family holidays which will be published later in October.
– We were also included in the VisitEngland advertorial in the Daily Express, please click here to view this feature.
BBC1: Holiday of my Lifetime
A few months ago, VIOW and the IW Council helped the BBC to set up filming for their new series “Holiday of My Lifetime” which saw Len Goodman take Esther Rantzen on her childhood holiday in Isle of Wight. The episode in which the Isle of Wight features is due to be broadcast BBC1 on Tuesday, 21st October at 15.45 and will be available for a short time afterwards on the BBC iPlayer.
French speaker required
We are looking for a fluent French speaker for an exciting project we are about to start working on. If this applies to you or anyone you know, please e-mail email@example.com for more details.