THE BIG TREE PLANT PROJECT – CAN YOU HELP?
Natural Enterprise (www.naturalenterprise.co.uk) have a number of young native trees that need to be planted across the Island this winter. Can you help? If so please read on to find out what is involved.
- The trees must be planted with landowners’ permission.
- Ideally on public/community land – but if not, must show public benefit.
- In or in close proximity to towns/villages, rather than countryside planting.
- The trees will need watering next Summer.
- They will need to be planted by the people who take them, however if this is an issue we can sometimes put you in touch with volunteers.
- Records are needed of where they are planted – ideally a photo.
There are a variety of trees on offer (not fruit trees) which are quite small (some are just whips, others are up to 3 years old). Natural Enterprise will supply spirals, sticks and a tree planting and care guide.
For more information or if you would like to help please email Carol Flux (Natural Enterprise) at firstname.lastname@example.org